SIGN FABRICATOR & INSTALLER
(INTERNSHIP, FREELANCE, or PART TIME)
Adventure Signs is a small signage studio that specializes in designing & building handcrafted, metal, plastic, wood, and vinyl signs. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for someone to help us fabricate signs.
We’re looking for someone who is confident working with their hands. Our clients are looking to us to design and deliver signs that set them apart, are built with the best materials we can get our hands on, and a high level of craftsmanship. That’s where you come in. Apply Now
ABOUT YOU ::
- You have a background in skilled hands-on work.
- You’re passionate about helping others.
- You’re detail-oriented.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing daily, but are also good with mixing it up.
- You are self-motivated.
- You have the ability to multi-task.
- You love to organize and maintain a clean workspace.
- You’re curious about the physical world. You don’t mind learning about different materials, installation methods, and production techniques.
- You’re flexible. As with any growing company, this can be an unstructured and shifting environment. There’s a shared understanding that we’re still learning as we go, and we’re passionate about improving our products and processes.
- You have a good sense of humor.
WHAT DRIVES YOU ::
You are often criticized for taking things apart and putting them back together. You're mechanical, tough as nails, and overly methodical. In this cross-functional role, you will execute on projects, ideas, and designs that have been developed along our production pipeline. You make yourself valuable by doing so with thorough execution, speed, and razor sharp accuracy. You find immense delight in seeing raw materials transform into a finished product.
You are likely a high school graduate with some college experience, or a college graduate. You've held more tools in your hands lately than writing utensils; and are rarely more than a few feet away from a toolbox . Setting your own goals, and stopping nothing short of them keeps you grounded. You rarely wait for instruction to take action, and have slight OCD tendencies. You're also passionate about people and making things look their best. You long for campfires, coffee and weekend hammocks.
THE NUTS & BOLTS ::
You'll be part of our production team and work closely with our designer(s) , the traffic director, and the client. Executing projects with accuracy, speed, and impeccable scrutiny for detail, will be your North Star.
A typical day involves:
- Sign project prep & assembly
- Vinyl graphics application
- Material handling & cutting
- Packing and shipping orders
- Sorting and preparing materials
- Workflow & project tracking
- On-site project installation
Other duties may involve:
- Painting, staining, adhesive application
- Operating bucket lift, scaffold, ladders
- Inventory and shop/truck organization
- Material handling (up to 80lbs)
- Light electrical assembly
- Photography and video
The nitty gritty:
- All work is produced at the Adventure Signs studio in Claremore, OK.
- This is an internship, contract, or part-time position. Compensation depends on experience &/or productivity.
- On-boarding: During training, you’ll be expected to be proactive in your process and learn quickly.